Masters of Science in Business Administration — Business Analytics
The Masters of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Analytics (MSBA-BA) is offered by the Pamplin College of Business and supported by the College’s Center for Business Analytics. As the premier analytics leadership school, Pamplin’s MSBA-BA program’s mission is to produce next-generation, high-impact business analytics leaders.
5 Facts About the MSBA-BA Program:
- The program is open to students from all majors. Our cohorts have included students with undergraduate degrees in Engineering, Music, Fashion Merchandising, Public Policy, and more. We are seeking students with good communication skills, an interest in analytics, and a willingness to work hard - regardless of undergraduate academic background.
- The program is only 11 months long. Many other Master's programs in Business Analytics take 2 years to complete. Our students are immersed in a comprehensive, intense program that prepares them for professional roles in problem solving and analytics in less than one year.
- The program's curriculum is efficient and focused. We require completion of 30 credit hours total, consisting of a 15 hour business core and 15 hours of analytics courses, including two courses focused on our corporate-sponsored capstone project. Students learn quantitative modeling techniques for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics as well as state-of-the-art data visualization principles and techniques. Moreover, students develop project management and consulting skills expected of high-impact business analytics leaders.
- The program is cohort-based. The program is full-time and limited to a maximum of 40 carefully selected students who commit to being "all in" for the duration of the program. Our educational approach emphasizes teamwork, real-world problem solving, and experiential learning. You will receive personal mentoring from seasoned business executives on all aspects of your professional development, including giving and receiving feedback, resume preparation, interview coaching, career counseling, networking, and help with targeted business contacts.
- The program centers on the capstone project. The capstone project is the cornerstone activity of the MSBA-BA program. This 10-month journey challenges students to work in four or five person teams on real corporate projects that have significant strategic importance to corporate sponsors. Previous and current corporate sponsors include NASA, Leidos, Boeing, Advance Auto, Norfolk Southern, Lockheed Martin, and many other organizations. Students’ final deliverables include the preparation of a professional consulting report summarizing their findings and recommendations as well as a formal presentation to executives of the sponsoring organization.
Want to sit in on a class? Contact us at email@example.com and we'd be happy to schedule a visit!