Each year, several industry-leading companies sponsor MSBA-BA capstone projects. These 9-month professional-quality consulting projects are managed by a team of our graduate students. Working with our students is one of the most efficient and affordable ways to gain professional-quality consulting services for your company. Previous capstone projects provided students with valuable opportunities to hone skills in business intelligence; data validation, analysis, and visualization; market analysis; text mining; and more, as well as providing real benefits to the sponsoring company. Previous teams have identified millions of dollars in potential sales, saved hundreds of hours of employee time by maximizing efficiency, and more.
Sponsors are also encouraged to partner with the Center for Business Analytics to provide strategic advice and guidance regarding the program’s learning objectives and curriculum, participate in classes by providing guest lecturers, and provide important financial support to the program.
2023-24 Corporate Sponsors
Thank you to our valued sponsors for 2023-24:
Watch this interview with capstone sponsor Inorganic Ventures' CTO, Brian Alexander:
Benefits of Corporate Sponsorship:
- Results of a business analytics capstone project conducted by a team of MSBA-BA students with appropriate skills. Receipt of a professional level consulting report and a formal presentation by students of the capstone project results.
- Preservation of corporation’s rights to intellectual property, data and product generated as a result of the work performed by the MSBA-BA students. MSBA-BA students and Virginia Tech waive their rights to intellectual property, data and product associated with the capstone project.
- Opportunities for interaction, engagement and a value-based exchange of knowledge between Virginia Tech faculty and students.
- Recognition of sponsorship on the CBA website.
- Opportunities to participate in classes by providing guest lecturers and invitations to participate in business analytics symposia, conferences, workshops and Zoom sessions.
- Opportunities to meet MSBA-BA students including recruiting events, custom interview sessions, posting of job openings and internship opportunities with corporate sponsors and guest lecturing in business analytics classes.
- Opportunities to meet with faculty and students to gain insight into CBA research collaboration opportunities.