About the CBA
The Center for Business Analytics
Pamplin College’s Center for Business Analytics (CBA) is a pioneer in the emerging field of business analytics research and education. The CBA serves as a driving force within Virginia Tech for the creation of collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and corporate leaders to advance best practices in this field. CBA also leads curricular initiatives for students with interests in business analytics and builds synergistic partnerships with industry.
Faculty and students affiliated with the CBA apply the principles of systematic analysis (both quantitative and qualitative) to vast collections of business data in order to leverage it for business planning and decision making. Business analytics thus brings together information technology and its tools for organizing and accessing large data structures, statistical and data mining tools for analyzing the data, and business concepts and theory to inform the analyses and to use the results to drive business decisions and performance.
The Pamplin College of Business is one of only 6% of business schools worldwide to receive accreditation by the the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Receiving an AACSB accreditation is an internationally-recognized indicator of excellence in education.
Business Intelligence and Analytics is one of Pamplin's four pillars — areas of study and business practice that cut across the college’s degree programs and address escalating societal needs that will have an accelerating impact across all industries on a global scale.
The Center for Business Analytics advances Pamplin's education and research into business analytics through...
- Our MSBA program in business analytics (MSBA-BA) that accelerates and expands career potential
- The Impact Living-Learning Community for undergraduates living on Virginia Tech's campus
- Our corporate sponsorships that deliver solutions to companies and accelerate recruitment
- Our faculty affiliates that conduct and publish research in the domain
- Develop innovative interdisciplinary curriculum related to business analytics, particularly through the graduate professional Master of Science in Business Administration — Business Analytics program and scholarly opportunities in both Blacksburg and National Capital Region.
- Strengthen interactions with related curricular initiatives in other Colleges and with other partners in the University (including the National Capital Region), business, and government.
- Work with organizations (business, nonprofit, and government) and other VT academic units to host analytics-related events and develop programs with experiential and service learning opportunities.
- Work with the Center for Business Analytics' Executive Advisory Board to provide guidance and industry contacts to students seeking internships and employment opportunities for faculty pursuing research opportunities.
- Build cooperative research relationships with groups involved in research on analytics and related topics, and facilitate Pamplin faculty participation in sponsored research related to analytics.