Admission to the program is highly competitive with selection based on leadership and strong communication skills, motivation, and quantitative aptitude. The program welcomes students from all undergraduate majors. Ideally, applicants should possess basic skills in statistics, computer programming, and database management. Deficiencies in these areas does not preclude admission but should be addressed prior to the start of the program.
The early action application deadline is November 1. The final application deadline is March 1*. Late applications are accepted and processed as space allows.
*Per Virginia Tech Graduate School policy, international students must apply by February 1. This program is not STEM certified.
The application process includes the following:
- Online application via graduate school ($75 non-refundable fee)
- ~2 minute introductory video sharing how you heard of the MSBA-BA program and two things that differentiate you from other MSBA-BA applications (*A video produced via cell phone is sufficient.)
- Applicant interview (qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview after the online application has been reviewed)
- Academic and Professional Goals Essay
- Resume with 3 references and contact information
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international students)
- Cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA or better is desired
Please note: we no longer require submission of GMAT/GRE scores.